-
January 25th, 2005, 05:24 PM
#1
Inactive Member
ok ive got some questions bout adobe. my office has just purchased Adobe CS suite. which includes illustrator and photoshop CS among among other things.
so question 1) what is the difference between Adobe Photshop CS and version 7.0? is one newer than the other? is CS made for the classroom. Ive been doing quick searches, and i've been confused but what ive read.
question 2) im looking for an instructional book for the office for Photoshop and Illustrator. I went on Amazon.com and I read some reviews on the books published by the adobe company. What i read didnt seem great cuz the reviews said there were MANY errors in the book, and that it was also made for the classroom. I want a user guide basically. like a very thorough manual. I dont want a tutorial style book.
.....so point is. does anyone have a reccomendation? price doesnt matter since it will be my office paying for it. i will ONLY be purchasing it through Amazon...so it would neccessary that it be available that way.
annnddd..thats it. I guess if anyone has any hints or tips that would be great. Im trying to learn this program. Im a pretty fast learner so Ive actually produced some cool stuff already. the books are mainly for the technology deficient workers in my office who i have no patience to teach cuz they have no patience to learn.
im thinking maybe if i can get good enough maybe in a month or two i can try and be an editor for maybe this group or another. i dont know if sakura-crisis intends to continue scanlating.
but whatever here i am. potential editor. so TEACH ME. so i can help you ^_^.
-
January 28th, 2005, 07:58 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Umm I'm not too sure about the differences between 7.0 and CS, but CS is newer. I don't know all the details though.
CS is not particularly for the classroom. It's full professional version.
As for books, I recommend the quickstart guides from Peachpit. Pretty good price and it's a very good reference book. And like a manual, so maybe this is what you're looking for.
Try checking this out:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
-
January 31st, 2005, 04:44 AM
#3
Inactive Member
awesome thank you for that recommendation. that book looks perfect. it looks easy to learn from which is important for all the adults in this office that are resistant to technology. thank you very much ^_^.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks